Saturday 25 December 2021

Merry Christmas!

 Merry Christmas everyone! 

I hope you all are having a fabulous time with friends or loved ones, or on your own if that's what you prefer. 

I have spent my morning making preparations for our evening meal. Instead of the traditional turkey they serve up in the UK at Christmas, we like it a little less of a fuss. Christmas is a time to have fun and do things you enjoy in our house. No time to waste it on stressing over getting the turkey cooked.

Instead, I make a salad, have some small pieces of meat and we get the stonegrill out. So, instead of spending hours in the kitchen, everyone cooks their own food at the table. 

It also left a little time to do something else I enjoy, crafting.

Wrapping presents for Christmas is a task that doesn't always seem inspiring. Especially when it comes down to wrapping gift certificates.

So, when I needed to come up with a way to wrap some gift certificate Christmas presents, I thought I would go about it a little different from usual.

"What," I thought, "if I would create a book box with a cover relevant to the interest of the recipient?"

So, I designed and made two book boxes. One for a girl who loves drawing, and one for a boy who loves gaming.

For this project, I've combined my skills in crafting, writing and cover design.

I'm quite pleased with the result and hope the boy and girl the presents are intended for will like it too.

Here the boxes are. They can even use it afterwards to store little items in like pencils or pens, or sweets.













No comments:

Post a Comment