Monday 27 June 2022

Finally! Time to relax and do as I please

 I'm feeling lucky this week. For the second time this calendar year, I have a full week off. Time to relax, recharge and do as I please (within reason obviously).

We could have gone away perhaps, but the week off was rather last-minute. So, instead, I'll be at home doing absolutely nothing but what I want.

Still, I would love to be here. How about a lovely cabin near the sea. Lovely and warm, a cool breeze, the sounds and smells of the sea while you look outside through your window. Laptop on the desk and writing the next book. Hmm, sounds nice, don't you think?



But being home is not to be sniffed at either. During the weekend, I have been reading and finishing two books on my TBR list. I'll soon start the next one on the TBR list.

The rest of the week, I'll spend on reading, writing and editing, just generally lazing about, and, if I can find the motivation, do some housework.

Although work should be far away, I still had two members of staff check in with me today. One to inform me she was off sick and wouldn't come in. The other informed me her lateral flow test was negative for the last 2 days and she will be in again tomorrow.

At least we are not that strapped for staff I have been recalled (yet). During the height of the pandemic, I was recalled. Let's hope that won't happen again now. 

So, what have I got planned for the rest of today?

First, I will check my emails, social media, etc.

And, shortly I'll return to editing Wake-Up Call. I really should spend more time on the editing process than I have been doing. After all, the last book I published was released in August 2020. High time the next one became available. But, there is only so much time in a day when you have an over full-time job.




No comments:

Post a Comment