Saturday 2 February 2019

The joy of receiving reviews.

This week I got a rather nice boost of my self-confidence. Self-confidence has always been a rather sore point for me and any boost is welcome.

Earlier this week I decided to have a look at reviews I had received for my books and found there were a few new ones there. Even the harsher reviews, if you can call them that, were great reviews in that they confirmed what I had felt myself and also gave some great pointers on how to improve my work. All reviews were very much appreciated.

To my surprise I even found a few 5 star reviews. Something I always hoped, but never thought would happen. Perhaps I am better at writing than I thought I was. Perhaps not just someone trying to play the game, but actually having the potential to be a good writer/author.

With the full-time job I started in November, there has been little to no time to write or edit my books. Reading the reviews has made me more motivated to find the time, where ever I can. There must be some time, surely.

At the moment I get up at around 4 am on workdays to deal with the housework, do some marketing and if possible get some writing done. I have done this for the last two weeks but so far I have only managed to edit one scene. Not a lot, but it is a beginning.



I'm adamant I will do some further work on my works in progress tomorrow. I know, however, I have more work to do than work on my writing. I will need to do the ironing and other housework, I need to arrange some things for CRAFT Challenge and do some marketing for my books and the co-promoting group on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1963020040577375/). At least I have scheduled all the posts for next week and I can concentrate on other things.

So, what is the plan?


  • Get up at a reasonable time tomorrow.
  • Change the beds
  • Do the laundry
  • Do the ironing and tidy it away
  • Send out reminders for sponsorship of CRAFT Challenge and order images for the DT Team
  • Schedule posts for the challenge blog
  • Post some tweets/marketing posts
  • Edit some further chapters of 'Diary of a Female GP'
Why do the days pass so quickly? I need more time in the day to be able to do everything I want to do. Maybe 4 am on a weekday is still too late.

One thing is certain: I will make this work! The reviews received have made sure of that.

Joni.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, reviews are certainly welcome. Congratulations on earning a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being organized is definitely important. It's good to have a plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you are so organised. I do this stuff full-time and I struggle to get it all done, so I tips me cap to you, Joni.

    ReplyDelete