Thursday 31 May 2018

Life in the slow lane.

Do you ever feel like you can't do anything right? Well, it happens to me every now and then and at the moment I'm trying to drag myself out of a bit of a low dip again. Someone made me question my self worth again and it takes a bit of a struggle to get back to who I thought I was.

I know I will get there again, I have done it before after all. We all have these times that we feel we are just not good enough and we may never be good enough. Even if there are a lot of things showing us that we in fact are good enough.
 
When I mentioned to my husband a few days ago that I just didn't think I could ever be good enough and that I would never be perfect, he was really sweet.
 
'You are perfect for me and will always be better than good enough to me.'
 
Isn't he sweet? If only I could start to believe it myself again. I know I will believe it again, but at the moment life is in the slow lane. It is taking me a bit longer than usual to get back to where I used to be. Maybe the kick I was given this time was a little harder than I'm used to. Or maybe, it had just been too long ago since I had been kicked like this.
 
Whatever it is ..... I will get there again! Of that I'm convinced. It is however making me move slower than I would like to. It stops me from being able to get sufficiently motivated to edit my fifth book. It just doesn't seem to work right as my concentration is totally shot. And to edit the book properly I need to be concentrating very well.
 
So, life is in the slow lane at the moment. I will need to get back to a reasonable semblance of myself before I will be able to get on with the work I so desperately want to do. I will just need to think of what my husband told me and the loving look in his eyes when he said it. I'm so very lucky to have him.
 
Sorry for the delay in getting my fifth book published, but I want to get it right. My readers deserve to get the best work I can produce.
 
Love,
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment