Tuesday 28 August 2018

Holiday Love: coming soon!

Just another few days until my fifth novel will be published. It is due to go live on the 31st of August 2018. I hope you are just as excited as I am.

For those of you who would like a little peek at what's ahead, here is the 3rd chapter of the book. Enjoy and keep your eyes peeled for when the book is out in a few days.

Freya
I
woke to the sound of birdsong and turned over in my bed. It was still a little nippy this morning, but inside my sleeping bag, it was quite comfy and warm. The sun was already shining and it looked like it would be a very nice day.
When I checked the time, I noticed that it was only eight. I got out of my tent and went to the toilets for a moment and then climbed back into the warm and cuddly sleeping bag. It would be nice to just have a lie-in today. It was Sunday after all and I should take advantage of the opportunity. I grabbed my Kindle and read for a while and the next time I checked the time it was already half past nine. Oops, time really flies when you are having fun.
It was now time to really get up and I got changed and walked to reception to collect my baguette. The day was already starting to heat up a little by now and it would soon be too hot to stay in my tent much longer. It was only a small one with a small front area and a sleeping area, just right for one person or at the most two.
I had my breakfast and sat down on the grass in front of my tent with a cup of tea and my Kindle afterwards. My plan was to have a nice, lazy day today; I needed to relax after the travelling yesterday.
It wasn’t long before it really started heating up. The weather app on my phone had already warned me that it would be a warm day today, but I had not actually expected it to be right. When is the weather ever as good as they say, right?
It was getting that hot, that I felt the need to cool down a little. So, I got back in my tent and changed into my bikini –phew, it was hot in here – and then grabbed a towel and bag to go to the swimming pool. It was time to cool down a little.
By the time I reached the pool, it was obvious that I was out of luck if I expected a sun lounger to be available for me. I put my bag down in a corner and took off my summer dress to have a nice dip in the pool. The water felt lovely and cool and it was definitely much nicer in the pool than out of it.
Around midday, several bathers left to have their lunch and some of the loungers finally became available. Fortunately, I could even see one near a shaded area. I soon walked over there with my bag and placed my towel over it. Then I lay down on it and made sure I had lots of sun cream on to ensure that I would not get too sunburnt.
After only a short period of time I had dried off a lot and it was safe to get my Kindle out for a bit more of a read. Having only read a few chapters, the sun started to reach my feet and I realised that I would need to reapply the sun cream. Even on holiday, the lobster look would not be the best look going. When I checked my phone, I noticed that it was already three in the afternoon and I felt it was time to get a snack and a drink. My mouth felt quite dry and my stomach was rumbling.
At the snack bar, I ordered a burger and some fries and when I got them, I moved to the pub to get a beer to go with it. The seats outside were only partially occupied and it would be great to find a space that was partially shaded. Yes, this campsite had definitely been a good choice.
While I was eating my food and drinking my beer, I watched the kids play in the playground; they seemed to be having a great time. There was also a dad with his son and they were playing with a giant chess set. It was really nice to just people watch and although I had my Kindle ready to read, I enjoyed watching the chess players much more.
The temperature was starting to cool down a bit now and I decided it was time to return to my tent and get changed. I could also try to start preparing something for tea, although it would probably be easier to just get something from the snack bar again. Some of the baguette from that morning was still left over and I had brought some soup with me, so that was another option to consider.
Still thinking over what I would do for tea, I walked back to my tent. It wasn’t until I reached what I thought was my pitch, that I noticed a second car parked in front of mine. Who on earth would park his car here and block me in?

However, as I got nearer, I started to recognise the car. Really? That certainly wouldn’t be possible, would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment