Tuesday 1 January 2019

Become a Beta reader in 2019!

What is a beta reader?
Not everyone knows what a beta reader is or does.
However, beta readers are very important to #IndieAuthors. These readers have access to new books prior to their publication. They are the first to 'test-read' a book and give valuable feedback to authors on the subject of their books, any plot holes still remaining and suggestions of how to improve the work.
For my fifth book, HOLIDAY LOVE, I had the benefit of having two talented people who acted as beta readers and I am still very grateful to Rin Hoshigumo and Cheryl Schroeder Basile for their valuable help.

At the moment I have two books nearing completion. One is the sixth book in the 'Friends, family and love' series: GROWING LOVE. This book still needs the last few chapters before it is complete. However, my first non-fiction novel, DIARY OF A FEMALE GP, needs a final edit before it will be ready for beta readers.

So, please contact me if you are interested in becoming my beta reader. This book follows a female general practitioner in the UK for a week, giving a look behind the scenes of how life for a GP is in reality. Are GPs as lazy as the government has made them out to be? Are they as hard-working as they believe they are? Read the book and judge for yourself.

Now, don't be shy and let me know if you would like to read the book before it is released. Your comments on the work in progress is valuable and can make the difference between the book succeeding and being a flop.

All the best for the New Year. I hope it will be the best one yet.

Joni

4 comments:

  1. Beta Readers are great Joni, but finding them and then keeping them is the difficulty. I wish more would give it a go, but....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post about beta readers. I can't see a LIKE button on this, otherwise I would have liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't seem to reblog it, so I've shared it on Google+

    ReplyDelete