Thursday 15 August 2019

The weekend is near!

Morning all on this cloudy Thursday morning. The weekend is nearing and I can't wait for the free time to follow.

Today and Friday will be days to go to work and perform all the household tasks I'm due to do on a daily basis. The weekend can be used to catch up on any work not yet gotten around to and my hobbies.

And those hobbies are what I'm looking forward to. Getting my writing and editing done, maybe make some cards or work on the challenges for CRAFT Challenge. Read another book (or two).

I was fortunate enough to find time to edit my book for the last two days. Perhaps I can edit a few more scenes before I need to leave for work. Only half an hour remains, so I should be quick.

What have I been up to today?

Well, the usual. Baked fresh bread, emptied the dishwasher and got on my laptop. I posted an already written review and wrote another one for a book I finished last night. Then I posted that review too.

Do you also find it annoying when the spelling and grammar are lacking? When there are either too many (duplication) or too few words in sentences? The last book I finished reading was full of this. Although the story was good, all these errors shouted out and ruined part of the experience. Yes, this book really needs some good editing to iron out these problems.

Even when we can't afford to employ an editor, there are many free tools available to us. I mentioned these in previous blog posts. Tools like Grammarly, ProWritingAid and Hemingway Editor. Those tools would have filtered many of the errors mentioned in that book. Such a pity.

For a moment, the sun came out. It brightened the day, bringing with it hope for a good day. And that is what I wish you all, to have a very good day and weekend. I hope you will enjoy your time!


Joni.

6 comments:

  1. I'm still in disbelief at the amount you achieve in your short time available - so impressed. This coming from the No.1 Procrastinator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's the secret. Not procrastinating too much, lol. No chance with all the tasks I have in front of me. Sometimes books do drag me away from doing the jobs I've set myself, having to catch up later.

      Delete
  2. What a busy, busy life you lead Joni - my hat is off to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a typical day in the life of someone who wishes to have it all. Career, family and hobbies.

      Delete