Sunday 14 February 2021

Finally! Back to editing "Wake-Up Call"

 Finally!

Life has been really busy, and I've had little to no time to spend on my writing.
Today, for the first time in months, I have managed to edit a chapter of "Wake-Up Call". It really was time I got back to that book. With a little luck, I should be able to find a few minutes a day to continue editing.
After all, "Diary of a Female GP" was published in August, and it is about time another book sees the light of day and gets published.
However, between a job taking over 50 hours a week, a family of 6 and the promoting of my books, there is little time left over to also write and edit.
Want a taster? I'll get you one, but, remember, this is only a first edit and the book needs some serious improvements still.
*******
Alicia still didn’t react to my words or touch. She continued to cry and scream at times, shaking the ‘me’ on the bed intermittently.
“Why are you so cold? Wake up!” Alicia placed her head on the chest, “I can’t hear your heart.” Again she shook the body on the bed. “Come on, stop hurting me! Wake up! Wake up!” Tears ran down her beautiful face.
Things were getting stranger. Alicia could not hear my heart? Still, my heart beat in my ears and I felt it thumping in my chest. A lump settled in my throat. What did this mean? Why did Alicia not pick up my heartbeat? What was going on? Something appeared very wrong.
“Why are you punishing me? What have I done wrong? Wake up! Please, I’ll do anything you want, but please wake up!” Alicia’s voice became softer, and it dropped to a whisper.
“I can’t do this without you. Please, Daryll, I love you so much. Please, wake up and take me in your arms. What will I tell the kids? Don’t do this to me. Nooo!”
Again I looked at the ‘me’ on the bed. I was lying so still, so pale, and the eyes stared into nothing. What did this mean? What was going on?
If you saw this in the movies, this was a dead body. Was that what I was now? Was I dead? No, this couldn’t be. There was still so much I needed to do. So much I still wanted to do. And how about that weekend I had planned today? The romantic family weekend we so desperately needed as a family?
******
Enjoy Valentines Day!
May be an image of book and text that says "IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES WAKE-UP CALL Romantic Paranormal Murder Mystery JONI JONMARTINS MARTINS"

No comments:

Post a Comment