Saturday 29 December 2018

Book Review: The Guardian Angel by Aneil Komal

Book Review
 39898357

Basic Details:


Book Title: The Guardian Angel
Subtitle:
Author: Aneil Komal
Genre: Fantasy/Mythology
Part of a series? No
Order in series:
Best read after earlier books in series? No
Available: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39898357-the-guardian-angel

Overall score:

I scored this book 4/5

Short Summary of the book:

This book tells the story of Aries, a confused young boy who despite his best efforts gets knocked down. Instead of giving up, he decides to keep on and get where he wants.
Things, however, take a different turn and after a chase, he wakes up in a world unknown to him to a destiny he did not envisage. How will he deal with this and will he succeed?

What I liked about the book:

I particularly liked the down-to-earth way Aries remained even when his destiny became clearer to him. A destiny he initially did not believe in, but still tried to work towards.

What I didn’t like about the book:

I wasn’t impressed by the repeatedly missing or superfluous words in this book. The book could do with a re-edit to improve readability and increase the pleasure for the reader.

My favourite bits in the book:

I loved the little bits in the book where things showed to be different than expected. To avoid spoilers, I will say no more. Read for yourself if you wish to find out what I mean.

My least favourite bits in the book:

I didn’t like it when I had to read back on a sentence to find where the author went with his story and to have to fill in the missing words or delete the ones that made the sentence non-sensical.

Any further books in the series? Any more planned by this author?

I am not aware of any further books planned to make this a series.

What books could this be compared to and why?

This book reminded me of other books about the supernatural world and angels, but was unique in its own way. I liked the book, but would have enjoyed it better after a good editing job.

Recommendation:

In summary, I would recommend this book for the following readers:

Children
No
Young Adult
Yes
Adult
Yes

If you like the supernatural and angel stories this book might be the book for you.

I look forward to reading more books by this author (especially after a good editing job).

Book Description by Author:

More often than usual, Aries questions his purpose in life. In his heart, Aries believes he should be doing something with more significance. However, his dubious, timid demeanor continuously holds him back from pursuing the answer. The ultimate question he desires to answer is – what is my true destiny?

The answer to his question soon comes to fruition after finding himself far away from Earth to the realm of Nari. There, Aries learns he once was the mystical hero, “The Guardian Angel.” Unfortunately, during his absence, Nari has been held under siege by his nemesis, a demon named Blace. It is up to Aries to regain his powers and save the realm.

The stars appear to be aligned, except, for one problem. Aries has no recollection of being the “Guardian Angel.” Being the only one who can to save Nari, Aries’ reluctance to accept his gift leaves the fate of the spirits in turmoil. Not to mention, Aries only has one week to save the realm before Blace obliterates it. Will Aries accept his calling as the “Guardian Angel” and rescue Nari from demise?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment