Saturday 6 July 2019

Book Review: Valon Part 1 by Charles Mitchell


Book Review


Basic Details:


Book Title: Valon: Part 1
Subtitle: (The Valon Saga)
Author: Charles Mitchell
Genre: Science Fiction
Part of a series? Yes
Order in series: 1
Best read after earlier books in series? N0
Available: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/45890424-valon

Overall score:

I scored this book 4/5

Short Summary of the book:

This book tells the story of a young teenager who lives in a post-apocalyptic earth with his dad. He already lost his mother previously and after a hunting accident, Randle also loses his father. When he stumbles on a transporter pod to a different world changes this the entire direction of his life.

What I liked about the book:

I particularly liked how a young boy manages to adapt to and win over an entirely different culture. How the underdog was the winner in the end.

What I didn’t like about the book:

I liked the book in its entirety.

My favourite bits in the book:

I loved where Randle was able to find the love of his life against all odds.

My least favourite bits in the book:

I liked the entire book.

Any further books in the series? Any more planned by this author?

I understand this is the first book in the series and more will follow.

What books could this be compared to and why?

This book was new in the way it combined science fiction, aliens and the ingenuity of a simple earth boy.

Recommendation:

In summary, I would recommend this book for the following readers:

Children
No
Young Adult
Yes
Adult
Yes

If you like Science Fiction this book could be the book for you.

I look forward to reading more books by this author.

Book Description by Author:

Randle, an orphan boy living in the last days of a dying Eco destroyed Earth.

He stumbles across a gateway to another dimension.
Stepping through an alien portal will send him on a Rollercoaster ride of events that will change his life forever.

Action, Adventure, and Romance lie in store for the boy out of time, forging a New life in an alien Empire.
Taken on a journey of discovery
To a fate beyond his wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment