Monday 27 May 2019

Book Review: Eversong by A.C. Salter

Book Review


Basic Details:

Book Title: Eversong

Subtitle: (The Daughter of Chaos #1)

Author: A.C. Salter
Genre: Fantasy/paranormal
Part of a series? Yes
Order in series: 1
Best read after earlier books in series? No
Available: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29089998-eversong

Overall score:

I scored this book 4/5

Short Summary of the book:

This book tells the story of a young girl who grows up with her uncle after having escaped from the war. She has a great voice which ultimately leads to her discovery. Elora does not know her history and the truth of her past. Still, she does what she is able to do to save her uncle and the world she knows.

What I liked about the book:

I particularly liked how Elora was able to overcome the dark in herself and turned her powers and strength towards doing good.

What I didn’t like about the book:

I did not find anything about the book I did not like other than slightly short sentences at times making the rhythm of the book rather dreary at times. It did, however, not take away from the great story.

My favourite bits in the book:

I loved where Elora knew what she needed to do to succeed. She did not find it easy but did the right thing however much it hurt to do so.

My least favourite bits in the book:

I enjoyed the entire book.

Any further books in the series? Any more planned by this author?

I understand this is the first in a series of books by this author.

What books could this be compared to and why?

This book reminded me of other paranormal books I have read. The fight between good and evil.

Recommendation:

In summary, I would recommend this book for the following readers:

Children
No
Young Adult
Yes
Adult
Yes

If you like Fantasy and paranormal books this book might be the book for you.

I look forward to reading more books by this author.

Book Description by Author:


 Elora's past lay hidden in a web of lies and half-truths; the secrecy weaved by her uncle to keep her from harm, or to keep her from harming the world. But she put her voice to a song, the wrong song and now the web is unravelling and she begins to understand why she is different, why she has violet eyes, why she has a ferocious temper that erupts on the slightest of whims. 
A darkness is rising, the tide growing stronger as legions of an evil army, loyal to a dead God, prepare to cross the weakening barrier to deliver chaos and death to Earth. 
Elora maybe the only weapon Earth has to stand against the evil, if she doesn't destroy the world first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment