Saturday 11 May 2019

Ideas, plans and lack of time.

Driving to work this week, another story idea started up in my mind. There is only one problem. Where to find the time to write all these stories down? So, instead, I was thinking out part of the book to be (whenever, where ever it takes shape). When I got to work, I wrote another story. Okay, story may be too much of a word for it. As the place I am working at presently is trying to recruite new starters, I was asked to write a business profile. Well, that was right up my street and within half an hour I had a good start and soon the entire profile had been completed. On Friday I mailed it to the recruitment person to show to potential candidates. I was quite happy with it but won't share it here with you. As you may have noticed, I try to keep my private life private as much as possible. I like to be rather unrecognisable to most people and be able to go about my daily life as I normally did. So, now, about this story developing on my way to work. Here is the start of what materialised in my head. It will need further working on and editing obviously. This is the first time I have written down what were only thoughts so far. ***** Slowly my eyelids slid away from my eyeballs as consciousness slowly returned. The sun peeked through the gap between the curtains and I squeezed my eyes shut again. Arrgh, morning already. Again my eyes opened and I slowly turned towards the alarm clock. Five minutes to six. In a few minutes, I would need to get ready for the day ahead. I turned over and snuggled down under the duvet. Five more glorious minutes to rest and sleep. But before I relaxed fully, I first checked to see the alarm was set. Funny, the little red dot was not there. Had I forgotten to set the alarm last night? That was not like me at all. When I tried to think about what had happened last night before retiring to bed, my mind seemed foggy. Certainly, I would not have drunk too much? Not on a night before I had to go to work the next morning. While my mind tried to break through the fog, I decided to get up and ready for the day ahead. As my feet hit the floor and I took the first steps towards the bathroom, the floor did not feel as freezing cold as it always did. A look towards the floor landed on my legs. Why was I still wearing yesterday's jeans? I never went to bed without changing for bed first. And why did this head remain so foggy? Continuing the way to the bathroom, I walked through the open door and found the way to the toilet. This foggy head was not making the job any easier. Elbows resting on my upper legs, head in my hands, I relaxed and tried to remember. Something did not feel right. What had happened? **** The ideas for the continuation of the story are there, I know what is going to happen, at least the draft of it. It is still locked inside my mind and I will at some stage write it. I promise myself I will. If only there was more time to allow me to write more. Alas, I'm back in the world of working people, a job which now is full-time and takes me away from home from 8 am till 7 pm most days. With the housework, marketing of the books I have already written, reading and the housework, not to mention the crafting, there is very little time left to do the things I enjoy so much. No matter, one day there will be time for this again. Maybe I can even create a bit of time in the busy schedule I have. If only a few hours a week. I will get there! Joni.

No comments:

Post a Comment