Sunday 5 May 2019

Book Review: A Time For Violence: Stories with an Edge by Max Collins and others

Book Review


Basic Details:


Book Title: A Time For Violence
Subtitle: Stories with an Edge
Author: Max Collins and others
Genre: Horror/Thriller/Mystery
Part of a series? No
Order in series:
Best read after earlier books in series? No
Available: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44528409-a-time-for-violence

Overall score:

I scored this book 4/5

Short Summary of the book:

This book is a compilation of several short stories written by multiple authors. Some stories are good, others plainly to violent to my liking and others good do with some further editing. Overall, it is a nice book for those who enjoy some gory tales.

What I liked about the book:

I particularly liked the stories which had a background story and were not simply violence for the sake of violence.

What I didn’t like about the book:

I don’t tend to like violent stories on their own, however there were a few which had a good back story and the violence was secondary to the story rather than the other way around.

My favourite bits in the book:

I loved where violence was not the only aim of the story. Where the story was the important factor and the violence was a part of the story and not the story itself.

My least favourite bits in the book:

I didn’t like it when violence was the story rather than a part of the story.

Any further books in the series? Any more planned by this author?

I don’t know if any further books are planned as part of a series.

What books could this be compared to and why?

This book reminded me of none as it is not a usual genre for me to read.

Recommendation:

In summary, I would recommend this book for the following readers:

Children
No
Young Adult
Doubtful
Adult
Yes


If you like violent stories this book could be the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment