Tuesday 13 November 2018

Day 13 of #NaNoWriMo

Another productive day today. A few more chapters have been completed and I'm close to midday on the week I'm writing about. 'Diary of a Female GP' is progressing steadily, another 6478 words of the book written (and edited) today. The grand total at the moment stands at 72488 words. Will I reach 90000? It is possible. We'll just have to wait and see.

So far, I have not written anything for my sixth book today yet. I will possibly get on with that after I return from picking up my son from school. If there is enough time left, that is. Otherwise, it will need to wait until tomorrow.

So, here is today's graph and an excerpt of the book can be found below as always. Hope you are still enjoying this.


Only one more patient remains. That is, of the list of patients who were booked into existing appointments. The rest of today’s list consists of ring backs and emergency patients. 
Sixty-three-year-old Jeffrey walks in and glances around him hesitantly. 
“Come in and have a seat,” I force a welcoming smile on my face. 
A red flush colours his cheeks, “You’re a female.”
I can’t deny that, “That is right. Did you want to see a male doctor instead?”
“Well, I’m here now, anyway.”
Jeffrey tells me about his embarrassing problem, “My foreskin is that tight if I go for a wee, everything squirts everywhere. It’s time I saw someone about it. Sometimes the foreskin even swells up like a balloon before I can finally urinate.”
After an examination confirms an excessively tight foreskin or phimosis as it is known in the medical world, we agree I will refer Jeffrey to the urology department for assessment and treatment. At Jeffrey’s age, this is not a pleasant operation. I suspect it is not at any age, but at least young children will have no memory of it. Forewarned about this, Jeffrey leaves my room, a form to book a choose and book appointment in his hand. 
While I write the referral letter, another message from Ruth to check a patient with her pops up on my screen.

Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment