Monday 5 November 2018

#NaNoWriMo Day five.


 
Okay, so today is not something to write home about. Too many other things have interfered with the thing I needed to do, write.
Instead, I have spent time doing the housework (also necessary), the shopping (the family needs to eat after all), booking a short trip in December (not urgent, but would help) and sorting a few other things out.
But, I have still managed to write to, albeit short, chapters of the project.

Current word count: 34197
Today added: 1898 (yes I know, I should do better)

This is, however, a convenient place to stop. The end of a chapter, while I already know the next chapter is going to be a long one.

Ready for another short excerpt? Here we go (it's not much, but something is better than nothing, right?)

Again, I walk back to my room after and start preparations for the day. A few more of the letters waiting are dealt with, and I notice the complaint I received yesterday. I will need to make some time to answer that one as well today. Officially we may have two weeks to answer a complaint, but I always feel the sooner it is dealt with, the better. I absolutely hate receiving complaints. As a perfectionist, I always aim to do the best I can for all my patients. A complaint to me means that I have failed in doing that and that hurts, a lot. It makes me wonder if I will ever be good enough, or whether I never was good enough in the first place. Still, I must be to have gotten this far.
After putting the complaint to the back of my mind for the moment, I return my attention to all other jobs still waiting for me. The letters. Electronic prescriptions that have been put in my inbox since this morning, tasks that have been sent already. At least I'm not on call today and that is something to be thankful for. 

Joni.

No comments:

Post a Comment