Sunday 9 September 2018

As life continues much the same in the Joni Martins household, I continue to try and keep on top of things. Having just worked on marketing and updating all the social profiles as far as possible, I just had to rush outside to get the laundry in before it really starts to chuck it down. The first raindrops were already falling and I really did not want to allow what was now dry to become wet again. Not all had managed to dry sufficiently yet, so the dryer is running now.

But now, let me introduce you to Lost Love. Lost Love is the fourth book in my 'Friends, family and love' series and follows Krista and Theo through a period of despair. It also follows Josie and Ronald, who had been instrumental in Krista and Theo's break-up and their desperation to right what they wronged.

Here is a little excerpt from the book, I hope you like it. If you want to read more, just go here and you can buy the book: books2read.com/u/bWzE9M




Chapter 10
Josie
I had still not been able to speak to my brother or to Krista yet. Neither of them was willing to talk to me. I had tried to visit both of them at separate occasions and both had ignored my presence. Even six weeks after I caused them to split up, they were still no closer to being happy or being together again. No closer to forgiving me for what I had done to them either.
Deciding that something needed to be done, I had during the last week again tried to speak to them both, but they had both refused to see me. Again. They had not even answered the door to my desperate pleas to let me in and talk to me. This seemed to be something that I would not be able to make better on my own. Maybe it was time to talk to my other friends and see if we could come up with something to make Theo and Krista feel better again. I owed it to them to try. I had caused this misery and it was my responsibility to try to do something about it.
It was Friday and it might be worth trying to arrange a night out with my friends. I sent off a text to Freya and Lydia and hoped they would agree to meet in the pub tonight. I needed their help; I could not do this on my own.
‘Fancy a drink in the pub tonight?’
It wasn’t long before I got a response from my best friend Freya. She had not been very happy with me either. She had been really disappointed with my behaviour and how I had interfered in Krista and Theo’s relationship.
‘Sounds great, it’s about time we went out again. Missed our nights out.’
A little later Lydia responded as well to confirm she would be there. All was set. Hopefully, the three of us would be able to come up with a solution. It was not fair that Theo and Krista were still suffering six weeks since they had broken up. If anything could show me how wrong I had been to try to split them up, that certainly was. I felt so ashamed of myself. I should have known better than to interfere. It was so like me though to speak before I thought. That would have to change.
I still had an hour to work, but then I could go home and get changed for our night out. It would be fun to see the girls again, but I was also worried about their response to what I had done. Freya knew some of it, but Lydia had no idea what I had really done to break Theo and Krista up. I hoped that they would at least be able to forgive me. If only I could make things right for Theo and Krista again. At least I was trying to do what I could to achieve that. Hopefully, that would be enough.


Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment